Did you know:
You can request and attend your appointment with no parent/guardian present. We would, of course, hope you have discussed any issues with your parents/guardians first, however, what you tell us will be kept confidential if you wish.
- Appointments can be arranged with either a female or male GP – just ask!
- We have a special notice board specifically aimed at young patients for your age
- Information on sexual health, support groups etc can be found here.
- A suggestions box specifically for you is also in this area – let us know if you want us to improve anything, or ask us any questions. It is anonymous and we will feedback via a poster in the surgery
- If you attend Darlington College, we hold a Young Person’s clinic there everyMonday and Friday morning.
- Prescriptions for contraceptives are FREE!!
- We can offer and give emergency contraception in the Practice
Services offered to young patients:
- Contraception advice
- Emergency Contraception – given in Practice, no need to go to the Chemist
- Sexual Health – include advice and treatment for STI’s
- Chlamydia testing
- Drugs advice and counselling
- Cervical Cancer (HPV) Vaccination to girls currently aged 14-18 years
Useful links to other websites for further information: